The mission at Sweet Stuff by Amber is to bake the world a better place by bringing joy to people’s lives through homemade desserts and giving back to the community. Today I want to talk more about the latter part of that mission, our community.
A portion of all profits goes back to the community in two ways…
- Each quarter I donate to a local charity that focuses on feeding the homeless and/or poverty alleviation
- I personally put together and distribute blessing bags
Below are some of the local nonprofits I love and support. Thanks to your orders, donations have been made to each of these amazing organizations this year!
When you order from Sweet Stuff by Amber, YOU are making a difference, twice! You’re not only supporting a local woman-owned small business, you’re also helping the community we live in. That’s what Sweet Stuff by Amber is all about… You get to enjoy sweet stuff while your dollars get used to do sweet stuff in our community!
Hope for Her
- Hope for Her is a safe place where women experiencing crisis and trauma find the strength, skills and support they need to rebuild their best lives. As a nonprofit founded by women who’ve endured serious life challenges, they work one-on-one with women in need to help restore their confidence and self-worth, remove obstacles to safety and survival, and rebuild critical life skills to thrive. From housing, childcare and employment to food, transportation and clothing, they help the women they serve identify needs, create plans to address them, and stay with the women and their families every step of the journey — for a lifetime or as long as they’re needed. For more information, visit their website.
- I started volunteering at Hope for Her in 2019 and became a part-time staff member in 2020.
Feeding Tampa Bay
- Feeding Tampa Bay, part of the national Feeding America network, focuses on providing food to the hundreds of thousands of food insecure families in the 10-county area of West Central Florida. For more information, visit their website.
- I personally volunteered at the Feeding Tampa Bay warehouse a few months ago, so I can attest to how impressive their operation is. They’ve also really stepped up to help the community during the pandemic.
Tampa Bay Harvest
- One of Tampa Bay’s largest and longest-operating food services non-profits, Tampa Bay Harvest’s mission is to eliminate hunger in our community by providing food to fill the basic needs of hungry people; increasing the independence of our citizens through education initiatives and other innovative programs and partnerships; and raising awareness of hunger and poverty while working toward our ultimate purpose of eradicating hunger in our community. For more information, visit their website.
Do you know of a local nonprofit that focuses on ending hunger and/or poverty alleviation that we can help? Leave a comment and I’ll look into the organization!
Cakes and cupcakes for a cause… What’s sweeter that that…?! 🙂