While I personally prefer to make my desserts from scratch, I have nothing against doctored cake mix recipes. The ‘Cookies from Cake Mix’ recipe I share below is actually one of the first recipes Nanny ever gave me, and it’s still her favorite way to make cookies because of how simple it is!
If you have a boxed cake mix in your pantry, a cookie sheet, and a little time on your hands… This is for you!
1 box cake mix (can be any flavor)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs
Optional Add-ins: Nuts, Chocolate Chips, Raisines, etc.
- DO NOT follow the instructions on the back of the box
- Pre-heat the oven to 350* F
- Prepare the cookie sheet with parchment paper (you could use non-stick spray, but parchment paper is the best option)
- Mix the cake mix, vegetable oil, and eggs until no lumps remain
- Fold in 1 to 1 1/2 cups of add-ins (optional)
- Use a spoon or cookie scoop to form dough balls – approx. 2 tablespoons in size
- Place the cookie dough on the cookie sheet – approx. 2 inches apart from each other
- Bake for 8-12 minutes (this varies slightly due to every oven being a little different, just keep an eye on them using your oven light – PLEASE DO NOT keep opening your oven door, this allows heat to escape)
Below is a copy of the recipe she wrote out for me. I love how she put my name in quotes. She’s the best.
I’d love to hear from you if you give this recipe a try. You can drop a comment below or use #sweetstuffbyamber on social media!